MOT preperation & test service
MOT preperation & test service, Stockport Cheshire
At Ian Rhodes we can offer a complete MOT test service:-
We book the test.
- Carry out preparation repairs/maintenance work required to pass test.
- Take your vehicle to a local test centre.
- Keeping you informed of the out come pre and post MOT test. Allowing you to stay in control and make the decisions if any work need to be carried out. Remember that you can arrange an MOT test one month before it is due, if any failure should arise it can be resolved in good time keeping your vehicle on the road.
- Below is taken from the DirectGov website CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE DIRECTGOV WEBSITE
Everyone who uses a vehicle on the road must keep it in a roadworthy condition. The MOT test checks that vehicles meet road safety and environmental standards. The first MOT test for a vehicle is required when it's three years old, the MOT certificate confirms that at the time of the test, without dismantling it, the vehicle met the minimum acceptable environmental and road safety standards required by law. It doesn't mean that the vehicle is roadworthy for the length of time the certificate is valid. The MOT certificate is also no guarantee of the general mechanical condition of your vehicle. The test doesn't cover the condition of the engine, clutch or gearbox.
What the MOT test includes
The MOT looks at some important items on your car to see that they meet key legal requirements at the time of test.
MOT Sections Diagram
The body and vehicle structure
- Is free from excessive corrosion or damage in specific areas and there are no sharp edges likely to cause injury.
- The fuel System
- Has no leaks and the fuel cap fastens and seals securely. The fuel cap will need to be opened so be sure the key is available.
- The exhaust emissions
- The vehicle meets the requirements for exhaust emissions, dependant on the age and fuel type of the vehicle.
- The exhaust system
- Is secure, complete, without serious leaks and silences effectively.
- The seat belts
- All belts installed are checked for type, condition, operation and security. All compulsory seat belts must be in place.
- The seats
- The front seats are secure. Front and rear backseats can be secured in the upright position.
- Components to be inspected
- The doors
- Latch securely in closed position. Front doors should open from inside and outside the vehicle. Rear doors may need to be opened to gain access to testable items.
- The mirrors
- The minimum numbers are on the vehicle, their condition and security.
- Load security
- Boot or tailgate can be secured in the closed position.
- The brakes
- Their condition, operation and performance (efficiency test). Note the removal of the road wheels is not part of the test.
- The tyres and wheels
- Their condition, security, size, type and tread depth. Spare tyres are not inspected.
- The registration plates
- Their condition, security, characters correctly formed and spaced.
- The lights
- Their condition, operation and security. Headlamps for aim.
- The bonnet
- Securely latches in the closed position.
- The wipers and washers
- Operate to give the driver a clear view ahead.
- The windscreen
- Its condition and the driver's view of the road.
- The horn
- Operates correctly and is of a suitable type.
- The steering and suspension
- Are of a satisfactory condition and operation.
- The vehicle identification number (VIN)
- Is on vehicles first used on or after 1 August 1980. Not more than one different VIN is displayed except on multistage build vehicles.
- Copyright © 2013 Ian Rhodesmotors Ltd. All Rights Reserved
- Motor Engineer & Car Mechanic
- Servicing Car, Light Commercial, Van or Pick Up - MOT test service - Tyres, Wheel balancing, alignment and Tracking - Welding Repairs - Fleet Maintenance
- Ian Rhodes Motor Engineer Ltd Unit 19 Romiley Street Stockport Cheshire SK1 2LB